8.30.2013

Banana + Avocado + Cacao Smoothie Bowl


I made an avocado chocolate mousse recently (I promise to share soon), and I've been dying to recreate it again with some healthier ingredients, raw cacao powder more specifically. Avocados were used as the base, and that got me thinking as to what else I could do with chocolate and avocado. Of course I had to put my obsession with frozen drinks to good use, and the result was the most incredibly creamy chocolate pudding meets milkshake. You should also know that I'm not the biggest chocolate fan, but to me, this was so much better than anything I'd find at an ice cream shoppe. I used half a cup of almond milk here, and spooned it up in a little bowl topped with coconut flakes and granola. Next time I'm going to try a full cup of milk to get my shake on through a straw. Summer is almost at a close, and one thing I'll really miss is my constant craving for frozen treats. Don't get me wrong, the Fall is my season, but as the weather gets a little chillier, slurping down smoothies gets a little harder, especially first thing in the morning. 


Banana + Avocado + Cacao Smoothie Bowl
use a little more milk if you're looking to drink through a straw

1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1 frozen banana
1/2 avocado
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 medjool date
1 teaspoon maca powder
handful of kale or spinach

Process all of your ingredients in a high-powered blender until thick and creamy. Add more or less almond milk depending on the consistency you're going for. Mine was like soft serve ice cream, so I served it in a bowl and topped it with coconut flakes and Purely Elizabeth granola. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top